VISION: To serve as the region’s leading center for natural science discovery, interpretation, and inspiration and to educate the public about life through time.
MISSION: To discover, preserve, and interpret the fossil record of the region while fostering an appreciation and understanding of natural science through research, education, and interactive experiences.
We are committed to fulfilling this mission by:
- Stimulating a culture of lifelong learning with relevant exhibits and educational programs that are creative, appealing, and interactive.
- Encouraging beneficial partnerships between the community and the museum.
- Providing resources, housing, and expertise to care for collections.
- Promoting and facilitating research on the collections.
- Maintaining a receptive and respectful forum for diverse viewpoints.
- Emphasizing institutional integrity and high professional standards in all activities and programs.